When hiking in Arizona, it’s important to stay healthy. There are two ways to do this, especially when it’s super hot outside.
First, drink a lot of water. Experts recommend drinking one liter of water per hour while hiking in the Arizona sun.
Second, keep your blood sugar up by eating a snack with sugar and protein. The video above offers one option: trail mix. By following my recipe, you can have a protein-packed snack that will last a whole hike.
- mixed nuts (peanuts, cashews, almonds, etc.)
- beef jerky
- peanut butter chips
- Measure out the amount of each ingredient you want. Try for more protein (nuts, jerky) and less sweet (m&m’s).
- Cut beef jerky into bite-sized pieces so it won’t take too long to chew.
- Pour all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Divide into plastic bags or containers.